EXCERPTS FROM HIS LETTER
- After announcing that my political party will start in January, I went to attend the shooting of ‘Annaatthe’ in Hyderabad despite the advice of doctors. The Film Unit consisted of around 120 people who daily underwent Covid Tests, isolated themselves from each other, wore face masks and shields and much more. In spite of the various precautionary measures taken, four people from the crew came in contact with the virus. The shooting was immediately called off by the Director and everyone present there were tested, including me.
- My test results were negative, but my blood pressure was not stable and constantly fluctuating. As per my medical conditions, I should not have constant fluctuations in blood pressure, as it would severely affect my transplanted kidney. Therefore, under the supervision and advice of my doctors, I was hospitalised for three days.
- When Corona exposure took place in a group of 120 people, I was hospitalised for three days and had to be under surveillance. Now, this Coronavirus has transformed and a second wave is coming in a new form. Though Covid vaccines may be available, I have been taking immunosuppressants to maintain good health, due to which I may get unwell during the course of attending meetings and election campaigns. Then, people who trust me and travel along in this political journey would be both mentally and financially affected.
- Even if my health is at stake, I will definitely go ahead with my political journey. I do not wish to disappoint the people who joined the party and held their support for it. To the members of Rajini Makkal Mandram, fans, and people who were expecting me to start a political party, I did not intend to disappoint you. Kindly forgive me.
- For the last 3 years, the party and its members have been following my instructions sincerely. Even during the Corona lockdown, you went ahead to help people in need, following all safety precautions and consistently served the people. Your good deeds will definitely come back to you and your family.
- My heartfelt thanks to Mr. Tamilaruvi Maniyan for being supportive and concerned about my health for the past three years and writing about the same in spite of facing criticism. I am grateful to the esteemed Mr. Arjuna Moorthy, who resigned his post from a reputed political party and joined forces with mine.
- Without contesting for the elections this year, I will do whatever it takes to help the people with their needs. I have never hesitated to speak the truth. Your truth and transparency, in my well-being and your love and care for me, will make me live. My beloved fans and the people of Tamil Nadu made this decision for me and I kindly request that you accept the same.